Skip to main content
Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Kent Auburn Oral Surgery – Kent & Auburn WA
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Your jewelry and other valuables should be left at home.
- NO ALCOHOL for at least 24 hours before your surgery and NO RECREATIONAL DRUGS for at least 72 hours before your surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Feider prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Call us: 253-833-9524
Learn More About Our Procedures